Helping provide CUNY undergraduates with pathways to complete their college education
A collaboration between New 42nd Street and CUNY Arts, New 42 College Corps provides year-round, part-time employment for CUNY undergraduates who desire a flexible and supportive work environment as they pursue college success. Designed to accommodate a changing academic schedule and address the obstacles that often prevent students from graduating, New 42 College Corps pairs exciting employment in the arts with the academic, financial and personal support undergraduates need to navigate and complete their college education.
Under the guidance of New 42 staff, the College Corps will be trained to serve as the Front of House staff at The New Victory Theater and other theaters that are a part of New 42. As Front of House staff, work duties include, but are not limited to:
- greeting and providing outstanding customer service to patrons;
- assisting and ensuring the safety of theater patrons; and
- providing support to theater and production staff.
Additionally, all members of the College Corps will receive one-on-one counseling, professional development, life skills workshops and access to beneficial CUNY services and resources. Paid one-on-one college support and workshops focused on college success will address themes of goal setting, stress and time management, money management and navigating financial aid.
Candidates must be professional, punctual and comfortable interacting with the public. You are eligible for New 42 College Corps if you:
- Attend a CUNY community college
- New Victory Usher alumni that are attending any CUNY school can continue with the College Corps regardless of school or credits completed
- Have already completed 15 credit hours at CUNY
- Register for at least 6 credits each semester
- Available to work at least 12 hours a week—
(Schedule varies based on showtimes and your availability; evenings and weekends required)
- Have proper work authorization required by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services
Applications for the New 42 College Corps are now open! Access our application below:
For more information, email New42CollegeCorps@New42.org or call 646.223.3025.
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.